Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dias longas en Mexico

Well, Hello my good amigos. I´m glad you´ve taken the time out from the American lifestyle to spend a little time with me..Gracias.

I´ve been encouraged to do one of these blog things but I really have no idea what i´m doing..

I sleep in a hammock. I eat in 3 meals what consists easily of 1 meal en los Estados Unidos.. I miss Jonathan terribly. I had a star party with a bonfire completed with 8 Mexicans singing praise songs.

I¨M staying out here in Merida with a good amiga from Belhaven days. She married a local here and they are working with Campus Crusade for Christ - with Athletes in Action. Diego, Rose´s husband, is basically a chaplain for the baseball teams and I believe they are working on a soccer team as well.. He is a spiritual supporter and counselor to these guys who are so lost.. GUys play ball here. To the point that it rips marriages apart.. It´s very highly esteemed for them. The women aren´t so happy..

I´v been trying to learn this language.. It´s more difficult thatn i thought.. but ´what´s a little discomfort when I think God has much to say to me in this time..

I´ll try to keep these blogs supershort because I´ve always had a short attention span myself.

Things to pray for:

My friend Rose today got a phone call. Her friend was killed in Iraq and their families were very close.. Pray for Julia (this boy´s twin sister) and the entire family. Their dad has already died. IT´s a mess.

Also, please about supporting my friends here.. They are sooo very close to reaching their funding goal so that they can be full time missionaries.. THey spend a lot of time with appointments trying to raise the money. If they can meet their goal, they can be more focused and do more in the ministry. I believe they are only a few hundred dollars away and it´s taken them quite some time.

and if you´re still in teh prayer zone, I´d like to learn this language and so far, hardly anything is sticking. It´s getting discouraging. I want to stay focused and really hear what God is saying to me in whatever language that is...

Thank you for your time.. Please keep me posted with teh lasted happenings with you..

i love you all.

Amy

2 comments:

Paula said...

AJ I LOVE YOU!!

HERMANA TE AMO CON TODO MI CORAZON Y TU SIEMPRE ESTAS EN MI ORACIONES

THERES SOME HOMEWORK FOR YOU, LOL.

Paula said...

AJ, Stay strong, I love you! xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo