Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BANGERANG!!

Wow.. So God once again is so faithful, it´s rediculous..



My friends here have soo much drama with their 100 year old computer crashing all the time, but it looks like that they have enough now to buy a new computer! How amazing!



THings are starting to look a bit better here.. First couple of weeks were kinda rough.. I have absolutly no problem eating cereal with ants in it, or brushing my hair with a fork or having a huge scorpion lurking in my room... I think it was just a few other things on my mind..


Anyhoo, the update:

Friday night was cool. I went to a conference: Los Cinco Lenguajes de Amor (The 5 Love Languages). All in spanish.. The jam.. I had the opportunity to eat out with the speakers. They are locals here to Merida and he is a pastor to a presbyterian church. All the locals said that they spoke soo slow during the conference, but GOd knows that was for me! my spanish is still pretty malo..



Saturday morning we were out of the house by 5.30am to hunt for pajaros.. We went to a field and let these birds do the rest. We took the birds in their cages and placed them out in teh fields and waited... These types of birds are super territorial and the ones we had were trained, so it usually is pretty easy. THe other birds get angry because there´s a newbie in the area. So they just fly over and jump in the cages. and Boom, Baby! Pajaros. Nobody ever kills the birds; you just catch them and let them go (although some people make a living off of catching these birds). They´re a bit bigger than finches and absolutely gorgeous.



After that, went to see Mexican soccer live. These guys are machines. Playing out in the heat for hours without water.. It´s rediculous.. Our team won though. We schooled those punks like we were gettin pesos for it.

Had a dance party in this girls house.. I think the dance parties will continue because i keep getting requests for tha Salsa.


Our connection here to Campus Crusade for Christ hosts church services at their house.. THey dug up a keyboard for me and i´ll be playing this Sunday.. Chopper, the guitarist, introduced some Spanish songs and helped translate the chords- even the music is read differently here! Turns out that a lot of Mexicans know Christian artists from los Estados Unidos.. Toby Mac, Jars of Clay and my personal favorite, Jeremy Camp. One of the guys here calls me "Amy Grant"

I made a new friend and she took me out for ice cream.. Corn icecream!! it was Insane! REmember the movie NACHO LIBRE... Yeah, it was just like that..



I´ve been chewing on this verse recently:


The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;

your love, O LORD, endures forever-

do not abandon the work of your hands.

Psalm 138:8

Thanks again for hanging out with me.. I miss you all.

2 comments:

Let go... Let God... said...

I love you, AJ and I miss you... ALSO I am praying for you!!!!
-Russia :)

lesums said...

Hallo Freundin! Oh, sorry, wrong language. Well, we pretty much spoke spanish to the germans anyway. It's really a wonder that any of them listened to us. Sounds like you are having one heaven of a time down there. So good to hear how God is growing you, stretching you beyond belief, I'm sure, and encouraging, just when you need it. Mi corazon loves you!
L