Monday, March 3, 2008

Puking with a Purpose and a Fiesta Sorpresa!

So there i was, puking my existence up on an empty stomache from 9am til 3:30 the next morning. I was working overtime... I don´t think i´ve ever prayed for the rapture in my life, but wow, that was rediculous. I think i clocked in at about 16x and spent some time laying on the bathroom floor. ( I mean, " da flo´). I am in the Almighty Hands of God.

It hurt to move and hardly ate for the next four days.. Doing better now.. God did his thing thru it though, spoke about prayer and faith and answered a prayer for me to hear from someone I had been praying for..God does what He wants..



So i was getting ready for bed this one night, and then all the sudden a bunch of Mexicans bust thru the door with decorations and a piñata.. It´s a Fiesta Sorpresa for Rose, it being her birthday. I think Diego told everyone while i was puking my guts out so i missed the memo..Anyway, Mexicans party like there´s no tomorrow.. She got there and BAM! Everyone is in song and dance.. These dudes busted out a guitar and violin and were playing love songs.

A white dude, Jim Rumelhart from Athelets in Action, a division of Campus Crusade for Christ came to visit for the day to set up a conference in June. He ended up coming to Rose´s shindig and since I was the only gringa, we became friends. Turns out, the dude knows Dr. Russel who worked in the Sports MEdicine/Rehab for ballerinas at Belhaven.. Dr. Russel was my boss.. HOw freakin´cool is that? Small world..

Anyway, they started to chant my name to break open the piñata.. So i´m gonna tear into it like i´m getting paid for it.. And oh, the glory... WHen i finished, the violinist called me "Million Dollar Baby" and when Jim went for the gold, they chanted "Rocky, Rocky!!" I couldn´t stop laughing.. The night was INSANE!!!! These pèople have such a rich culture and are extremely close.. I love it.

No comments: