Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Nos Vemos"

It's my last day here in the neighborhood. I'm packing  and I can hear throughout the house a group of kids simotaneously shout, "JOTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" They want me to come play.

The neighbors are taking endless photos and videos of me like i'm some kind of celebrity.  I have no idea why someone would want a video of me eating breakfast outside..

They found a pool behind a neighbors house and it's a perfect day for going. 8 Pesos for an hour and it's crowded. The group in the pool has 20 minutes left. We'll wait. This will be good. So now i got Beto, Andrea,  Naiby (the girl who burned an N in her hand), two bro-strippers, and their little bro- we call him "Chino" because he looks Chinese..and it's on now...

I don't think i've done so many cannonballs in my life.

My amazing boyfriend Jonathan had sent me some Pop Rocks and i was saving 'em for a good time and this is it. I had a group of Mexicans outside eating pop rocks. I love their expressions. They've never had anything like it.. "Es una fiesta en su boca!"

Antoni couldn't got to the pool with us but his mom bought him a mini pool and are playing with oranges. Regina, a little 4 year old across the street is Jonesin' so she made her dad  bring out a bucket she could play in as a pool. I love this neighborhood.

Ok, so now i have to leave and say goodbye.. I walk over to Antoni's house and cannot even breathe.  Hugs and kisses everywhere and tears streaming down my face. I cannot even speak.  Antoni gives me his beany baby and Angel, the 3 year old that has flicked me off so many times, kisses my cheek now.  Their Abuela who helped us make a kite is writing her address down and crying as well. I've had maybe 2 conversations with her. Antoni is speechless as well. I have not said a single word, just cried.  I get in the car and we are backing out and I see Antoni run to the car with a photo of himself and another of the family.  The pictures are probably 3 years outdated.  I cannot breathe. 

That's all for now.

No comments: