Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Legally Blonde in Mexico...

I have a new roommate.   For the remainder of my trip I will be staying with this girl Janeth.  I've been trying to figure out who she reminded me of and then it hit me like a ton of bricks... I almost fell out of my hammock when i realized it..

This girl is a Mexican Legally Blonde.. She has the chihuahua named and everything. All her words end with  "ita" and "cita" so i spend much of my time going back and trying to figure out the root of the word  to get the meaning. Her chihuahua, Nobilis, (who also answers to Flaco (Skinny) Flaca-cito (really skinny) Precioso (Precious) and Precio-cito (Really, Really Precious) has little outfits that he wears and the color here is a bright blue... She's got clothes to match.

Janeth turns out to be wicked-smart. She wants to study for a year in France some kinda of i can't even explain it, it's beyond my comprehension. So she has to study English because she has to explain her theory to these judges in english to go to France.  Rediculous.  So over breakfast, I had her explain to me what it was...

Quantum Physics.

We go to the Merida Zoo, freakin' HUGE!  Animals I've never seen before in my life. It's incredible! Lions  less than 15 feet from fleshy rams. The fences are short and the animals so close  you could almost reach out and touch them.  Janeth sees the monkeys and tells him a million times that "sabes que tu eres MUY precioso???" Si, tu eres!" Sabes que Dios te ama??" I can't help but laugh.  I don't know if the monkey knows that God loves him but I'm sure he knows now. 

We are going to pain her room tomorrow a bright fusia/pink color.. with a light purple trim and flowers. Wow.

She's super-social and listens to Mozart and Bach.  She tells me that she cried for the first 6 months every time she saw a roach.  

She has absolutly no furniture in her house except two beds and 4 plastic chairs.  She is explaining instructions to me as to how I can make hot water for a shower. It took me 3 weeks to warm up to the idea of taking a cold shower. I gotta light a gas tank outside the house and BAM! fuego... There is no way to adjust water that has just been torched.. I think i'll stick to the cold showers. 

We went running last night and i feel bad because I schooled her and her dog.  She was out of breath before I had even warmed up.  She wants to learn how to run. And we help each other with languages.. I like her a lot. 

Gotta run!

No comments: