Friday, February 8, 2008

Un otro dia, Un otro peso

I just got schooled by a bunch of 4 year olds..


I actually thought i was decent enough in Spanish til I hung around these kids in SUnday school. They worked me so bad i wanted to cry all the way back to los Estados Unidos.. I was depressed for awhile but i´m back in the game, baby!

I was treated like a true gringa yesterday in el centro. I bought a small purse for more than any local would pay.. It´s a scam.. Because i´m white.. THe injustice of it all..
I had the chance to walk thru this HUGE Cathedral with actual people inside of it. They had gregorian chants playing - it was super cool until the priest started to speak, in this monotonous way over the speakers, i couldn´t understand but it seemed almost like brainwashing.. Please take no offense...

That´s all for now.. tell my mother i love her.

AJ

6 comments:

Space Coast KAPer said...

hang in there. You'll pick up the language. I bet it will come suddenly too. You'll be super frustrated for a while and then all of a sudden! "alto mi nombre es amy. Hablo espaƱol"

Jonathan said...

you are pure amazingness...i like you...and you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Baskin Jones said...

Hey J,

I know He is working through
you there, and also teaching you
a lot in the process. Keep
with it, soon you won't even
realize that you are speaking
Spanish, it will just sorta happen.

~Baskin

Lander said...

Hey Girrrrl,
I miss seeing your smiling face around. I am happy to hear that you got there safely. I will pray for you and you must trust that God will give you understanding of the language. Ask and you shall receive :-)Remember the Lord has you there for a purpose so don't fret. Love ya, Shani

Unknown said...

doood! its awesome that you are devoting so much to making the world a better place. keep up the crazy awesome work! Amy Jason Cason, peace be the journey! good luck with everything in mexico. teach the little ones how to throw a jammin' slipnslide.

Unknown said...

I concur with Gary. The 4-yr olds have had 4 years of immersive training. It is sad how much of a presence the Catholic church has but also how much it does not transform lives. The Latin American countries should be a beacon of light to the rest of the world because of the large presence of the church, but unfortunately the church has become a stumbling block. It is also sad that much of the evangelism has to be to people who have that Catholic background.